El Mirage Dial-A-Ride
El Mirage Dial-A-Ride service provides on-demand service, based upon certification of eligibility, for El Mirage Seniors ages 65 and older and persons with disabilities within the Dial-A-Ride boundary. This transportation program serves as a courtesy for El Mirage residents within our boundaries; exceptions are made outside of the defined boundaries for essential medical services. We are working to serve the most people with our limited funding.
The City of El Mirage contracts with Northwest Valley Connect to provide this service. You must call NVC at (623) 282-9303 for any Dial-a-Ride trip you need. Calls are answered on non-holiday weekdays from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; you may request service between 2 and 7 days before you wish to travel. Same day service will be available for emergency trips, such as a trip to or from the hospital or ER or an urgent doctor’s appointment; however, same-day service is only available on a space available basis and is not guaranteed.
Trips must start and end within the El Mirage Dial-a-Ride Boundary (see map). If you need a longer trip to reach an essential medical service, you must receive prior approval from Northwest Valley Connect. These trips will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- The El Mirage Dial-A-Ride program operates from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. non-holiday weekdays (Monday through Friday). If you need a Saturday or Sunday trip to reach an essential medical service, you must receive prior approval from Northwest Valley Connect. These trips will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- You must be outside, ready, and waiting at the scheduled time for your trip. If you have a cell phone, Uber or Lyft will text you the driver’s expected arrival time. Your driver will wait for five minutes before proceeding to his or her next pick-up.
- Call Northwest Valley Connect as soon as you know that you need to change or cancel a scheduled trip. Frequent last-minute cancellations, changes or no-shows may result in the suspension of your service.
- The fare for service is $2 per one-way trip; you will be billed by Northwest Valley Connect monthly for your trips. Payment is due upon receipt, and your service may be suspended if your bill is not paid within 30 calendar days.
- Service is available for permanent El Mirage residents ages 65 and older and/or who have disabilities.
Contact: Northwest Valley Connect, 623-282-9303
[Since July 1, 2018] Valley Metro Paratransit no longer operates within El Mirage unless both ends of the trip are within the federally mandated service area and the trip occurs at a time when Valley Metro transit service is operating.
The area of El Mirage that is within the federally mandated ADA paratransit service area is that portion of El Mirage which is bounded by Varney Avenue on the south, Well Avenue on the north and Main Street on the west. All other areas of El Mirage are outside of the federally mandated ADA service area (see map). If you need to determine whether a specific address is within or beyond the federally mandated service area, contact Valley Metro Paratransit at (602) 716-2200.
If your trip is not within the ADA paratransit service area, please call Northwest Valley Connect at (623) 282-9303. If your trip is within the ADA paratransit service area, you may contact either Valley Metro Paratransit at (602) 716-2200 or Northwest Valley Connect at 623-282-9303.
In general, contact Northwest Valley Connect for shorter trips of up to seven miles, and contact Valley Metro Paratransit for longer ADA mandated trips. Keep in mind that Northwest Valley Connect costs $2 per one-way trip, and Valley Metro Paratransit costs $4 per one-way trip.
Contact: Valley Metro Paratransit Northwest Valley (including El Mirage), 602-716-2200 TTY available via relay service
Additional information on ADA Paratransit can be found on the website of the Regional Public Transportation Authority (RPTA) (Valley Metro) website: https://www.valleymetro.org/accessibility/ada-paratransit