Community Action Program (CAP)
The Community Action Program (CAP) is a partnership between Maricopa County, El Mirage and Surprise that provides support services that foster self-sufficiency and stability during unexpected financial crises by providing limited temporary assistance with utility and eviction prevention for qualifying El Mirage and Surprise residents.
If you have applied in the last 3 months and were ineligible due to COVID eligibility, please apply again as additional funding might be available.
Funding is limited and not guaranteed. Residents must meet eligibility requirements.
Funding for those residents impacted by the pandemic:
Residents can begin the pre-screening process by either of the following:
- Residents can complete a pre-screening through the Maricopa County online portal at: http://hsdclientportal.maricopa.gov/
- For those needing assistance online, please contact the HOPELINE at 623-222-4673
Documentation that is needed to be uploaded:
- For applicant only: Photo identification
- Current SNAP award letter or Verification of ALL income received for the most recent 60 days by any household member. For example: Social Security award letter, paystubs, verification of unemployment insurance benefits, pensions, child support checks, DES cash assistance award letter, etc.
- Proof of COVID Impact (if applicable). For example: Verification of unemployment during pandemic, letter from employer for loss of income, etc.
- Current lease for rental assistance
- Current or most recent utility bill for electric, gas, and/or water. Please bring the entire statement or bill that shows a full months billing cycle or service for the most recent month.
**Please note that additional documentation might be requested depending on funding sources available.