Boards and Committees

Boards and CommitteesApplying to Serve on a Board or Commission

The Mayor and City Council are committed to appointing highly qualified and dedicated people to its boards and commissions and encourages all El Mirage residents to apply. If you are interested in serving you may submit an online application or print the application and send via Fax to 623-876-4606.

The City of El Mirage is now accepting applications for membership in the following committees:

  • Rehabilitation and Revitaliztaion Committee - This is a committee that works closely with homeowners to improve their homes and properties which, in turn, improves property values and affects neighborhood quality of life.
  • Parks and Recreation Committee - The Parks and Recreation Committee helps residents with the organization of community events at either Gentry Park area or Gateway Park. Such events include "Fiesta de la Gente", Easter activities, and Christmas parade and tree lighting.
  • Planning and Zoning Commission- A five-member board appointed by City Council to hear and recommend action on plan amendments, rezoning, site plans, conditional uses and preliminary plats. Monthly meetings, open to the public, are held at 6:00 p.m. on the third Wednesday of every month.
  • Public Safety Committee- Works on various projects within the police, fire or court departments such as graffiti removal and other duties as assigned by the Police Chief, Fire Chief, or Court Supervisor
  • Senior Center Committee - The City is looking for those residents who have an interest in working with the Senior Center to assist them with a number of activities.
  • Water and Energy Conservation Committee - This committee is designed to recommend cost-savings and conservation measures to conserve our valuable water and energy resources.

City of El Mirage forms are available online in PDF format. If you are not able to view these forms, you may freely download Adobe Reader by clicking on the link below.

Free Adobe Reader Download